Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy 100th Birthday BSA!


In celebration of their 100th Anniversary,
The Boy Scouts of America is announcing a few new merit badges.
Among them are Geochaching/GIS, Robotics, and Scuba.
Possibly the most applicable is Scouting Heritage.
I'm rather excited about this.
I doubt many scouts realize so of the rich stories within the history of scouting.
The requirements are still being written,
But I personally hope interviewing three or more people who grew up on scouting is on the list.
Included should be a story from when they where in scouting,
As well as a detailed example of how scouting has helped them in their current daily life.
I am strongly considering getting back involved,
Just so I can become a Merit badge consoler for these new achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment