Thursday, June 29, 2006

The New Basics

The class of 2010 is here.
And the Cadre have been getting ready.
They woke me up one morning practicing their speeches.
I was on the top bunk so I hit my head and nearly fell.
Yes,
I’m still a little jumpy about all that.
Just like Revile.

I watched a few of the pour off the buses during my break between classes.
I recall it being louder and more intense than that.
Instead of saying I had it harder,
I’m just going to assume that the adrenaline rush makes a big difference

And I got greeted today.
That felt really odd.
After years of greeting Upperclassmen with “Good afternoon sir, Fighting Bulldawgs!”
I got a “Good evening sir, Aggressors lead the way.”

Yeah, that was weird.
I’m no longer the bottom of the food chain.
I think I’m going to like this,
But it’ll take some getting used too.

6 comments:

  1. Only a little. You'll love it in no time at all! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, being off the bottom of the food chain has got to make up for more than that! I mean it means you made it! You are going to make it!

    =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the other side. You have that same feeling after you graduate when the first Chief calls you "sir."

    ReplyDelete
  4. After years of greeting Upperclassmen with “Good afternoon sir, Fighting Bulldawgs!” -- How long were you a SMACK? One year wasn't enough for ya?

    By the way, are you involved in any SPIRE programs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good point,
    I was tired when I wrote that.
    I guess it just feels like years.

    Yes,
    I'm involved with Officer Christian Fellowship

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I'm involved with Officer Christian Fellowship

    Then you probably know Dr. Carlisle. Great Guy. I was in OCF while at USAFA as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete